My first exposure to induction cooking was at a cooking class sponsored by Wolf nearly ten years ago and I fell in love immediately. The more I learned about it the more convinced I became that induction was the direction that everything would be headed eventually.
Despite the glory and wonder of induction cooking, adopting it can still carry a pretty steep price tag. At the same time, like all new home technology, there's a learning curve associated with it.
I've long promoted the idea of easing into induction by using a counter top, single induction burner. That way you can experiment with it without having to spend the thousands of dollars a new, full-size appliance will cost.
Rosewill just made that process a whole lot easier with the addition of the RHAI-16002 to their product offerings. For significantly less than $100 you can get a fully programmable and portable induction burner. You can use it in your kitchen as a "fifth burner" for your existing cook top and with the holidays upon us, these portable induction units are perfect to keep food warm when you set out a holiday buffet.
Ironically, I first learned about induction from a cooking class and now I teach classes of my own. A couple of weeks ago I introduced a room full of novice home chefs to induction through the Rosewill RHAI-16002 and it performed perfectly.
Here are its features at a glance:
- 5 Pre-Programmed Settings: Warm Milk, Soup, Stir Fry, Fry, Hot Pot
- 8 Power levels from 300 to 1800 Watts: 300w, 500w, 700w, 1000w, 1200w, 1400w, 1600w, 1800w
- Polished A-grade Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 digits
- 8 Temperature settings from 150 to 450 degrees F : 150 degrees F, 200 degrees F, 250 degrees F, 300 degrees F, 350 degrees F, 400 degrees F, 425 degrees F, 450 degrees F
- 24-Hour Timer setting
- Touch Sensor Control Panel
- Cookware Suitability Detection
- Overheating Protection Function
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Pot included
- Safety Compliance: ETL/FCC
- Test Magnet included, to test your cookware work or not with Rosewill Induction Cooktop
This thing is great and they're easy to find. So as you shop for the cook in your life this Christmas, keep this cooking appliance in mind.
This one even comes with a pot!