The topic this week was my handiwork more or less. If you click on this link it will take to the official Let's Blog Off website and on it you can read my musings on Janus, gates, looking forward and looking back.
|Pincian Gate, Rome|
January gets its name from the Roman god Janus. Janus had two faces, one that looked forward and another that looked back. He presided over transitions and gates of all types and he had the ability to assess the past and the future at the same time.
|St. Paul's Gate, Rome|
I'll let Janus assess the year we just passed all he wants to, I can't be rid of it fast enough. For me it was a year of triumph and loss and more than anything, I'm looking forward to a great big leveling out in 2012. I expended a lot of energy at the end of the last year as I set things up for the new year and now that it's the third of the month already if feels good to have passed through the gate between the old year and the new.
|St. Sebastian's Gate, Rome|
Here's a partial list of what I'm looking forward to, though not in any particular order.
- This year I'm looking forward to more travels, though just a bit less than last year.
- I'm looking forward to more time at home and more time with my family.
- I'm looking forward to making more money this year than I did last year.
- I'm looking forward to deepening my friendships with friends, be they local or remote.
- I'm looking forward to seeing my name in print and around the internet more than I did last year.
- I'm looking forward to more great trade events and stronger relationships with the agencies that get me to them.
- I'm looking forward to writing more blog posts and increasing the size of this audience.
- I'm looking forward to my continuing presence on the Blanco Design Council and am truly excited to be sitting on GE Monogram's Design Advisory Committee.
- I'm looking forward to becoming a great-uncle again this summer.
- I'm looking forward to taking advantage of more opportunities.
- I'm looking forward to turning 47 in May.
- All in all, I am very much looking forward to 2012.
So there you have it, the things I'm looking forward to in 2012. What about you? What are you looking forward to this year? What milestones are you anticipating to pass?
|Gate of the Angels, Vatican City|
As the day goes on, a list of participating bloggers in today's Blog Off will appear as if by magic. Click on the links int he table to see how everybody else approached this topic. Happy new year!